When you have a root canal, the last thing you want to do is eat anything. After all, what if there’s something in that food that could potentially cause further damage? Fortunately, there are a few safe foods you can eat after a root canal. In this blog post, we will go over everything you need to know about what can i eat after a root canal so that you can make the best decisions for your health. From what to avoid to what food items to eat, read on for the ultimate guide to eating after a root canal.
What Can I Eat After A Root Canal?
If you’ve been contemplating what can i eat after a root canal, here are some things to expect after the surgery:
1. You will likely experience pain and discomfort for a few days following the procedure. Use pain relief medications as directed by your doctor.
2. You may have difficulty chewing or eating solid foods for a few weeks or longer due to the numbing effect of the anesthetic. Try liquid diets or soft foods that can be easily swallowed.NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) or naproxen (Aleve) can help reduce pain and inflammation.
3. You will likely need to rest after the root canal and avoid strenuous activity for several weeks or longer.
4. Drilling into the nerve may cause minimal discomfort in most cases but it is possible to experience some mild numbness, tingling, weakness, or headaches in more severe cases. If any of these symptoms persist, contact your dentist immediately.
5. AfterRootCancer screening is recommended for people who have had a root canal within the past 5 years and especially if you are over 50 years old, have diabetes, Take high blood pressure medications, smoke tobacco or drink alcohol excessively, have had multiple root canals or major oral surgeries in the past including wisdom teeth removal
What To Eat After A Root Canal
If you have just had a root canal, there are a few things you should avoid eating for 24 hours. If the root canal was done less than 12 hours ago, you can probably eat normally. However, if it has been more than 12 hours since the procedure, you should avoid anything that could cause an infection. This means no raw foods, no hot foods, and definitely no ice cream or other cold treats! You should also avoid vigorous activity for 24 hours after having a root canal.
Foods That Can Cause Headache After A Root Canal
If you’re feeling a headache after having a root canal, there are a few things you can eat to ease the pain. Foods that can cause headaches after a root canal include carbonated beverages, caffeine, chocolate, and spicy foods. Drinking plenty of water and resting can also help reduce the intensity of the pain.
Foods That Can Help You Heal Quicker After A Root Canal
Root canals are a common dental procedure, and they can be a big pain. If you’re in pain after your root canal, there are foods that can help you heal quicker. Here are seven food items that can help speed up your recovery:
1. Yogurt: Yogurt is a great source of healthy bacteria, and it has anti-inflammatory properties. This makes it a great choice for people who are recovering from a root canal. It also helps to soothe sore gums and promote healing.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is an effective antiseptic and healer. It helps to kill bacteria and reduce inflammation, which is why it’s often used to treat wounds and other areas of inflammation. Applesauce is another great way to include apple cider vinegar in your diet; just make sure to dilute it before drinking it.
3. Basil: Basil is another good source of anti-inflammatory compounds, which makes it an ideal healer for the gut or any other area of inflammation. In addition, basil contains antioxidants that help fight against damage to cells caused by free radicals.
4. Ginger: Ginger is a popular herb for its healing properties; specifically, ginger helps to relieve pain and inflammation in the body. In addition, ginger has anti-inflammatory effects that can help ease the symptoms of toothache or other types of dental pain.
If you are considering having what can i eat after a root canal, it is important to know what to expect following the surgery. This article provides an overview of post-root canal foods and drinks that will help restore optimal oral health and reduce any possible risks. Remember to speak with your doctor before making any changes to your diet and be sure to take all of the medications prescribed following the procedure as well. Finally, keep in mind that eating plenty of fluids throughout the day is key for restoring oral health after a root canal. Thanks for reading!